Kerr County, Texas
Kerr County is fifty miles northwest of San Antonio in south central Texas. The irregularly shaped county is bounded on the northeast by Gillespie County, on the east by Kendall County, on the south by Bandera County, on the southwest by Real County, on the west by Edwards County, and on the northwest by Kimble County.
Cities, Towns & Communities
When Kerr County was formed in 1856, Brownsborough changed its name to Kerrville and became the county seat. The first Kerr County Courthouse was built in Kerrville in 1856. In 1860 the county seat moved to the town of Comfort, where a new courthouse was built in 1861. In 1862, when Comfort became a part of the newly formed Kendall County, the county seat was returned to Kerrville, where it has remained. Courthouses were built in Kerrville in 1876, 1886, and in 1926. The 1926 courthouse currently serves the county.
Kerr County Courthouse
700 Main Street
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Kerr County, Texas, 1856–1956, by Bob Bennett, (rev. by Clara Watkins Kerr County, Texas, 1856–1976, Hill Country Preservation Society, 1975).
Kerr County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Kerrville, TX 30° 2' 50.7588" N, 99° 8' 25.1484" W